MARCH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT REPORT
The Grapevine Chamber and City of Grapevine partner each month to facilitate an Economic Development meeting open to Grapevine Chamber members to learn about what is happening in the City of Grapevine. This post will not go into the same detail as the meeting but will provide an overview of the reports from the various City Departments and the Chamber.
The Gallery on Main Street & Grapevine Station North
Chris Leighton, with Westwood Group Development, shared about two of their developments in Grapevine, The Gallery on Main Street and the new Grapevine Station North.
The Gallery on Main Street is at the southeast corner of Main St. and Northwest Hwy., with units available from 900 sq. ft. to 3,800 sq. ft. The property is available for retail, restaurant, office and medical. With a balcony overlooking Main St. and a three-car valet drop off area, it is one of the most unique property’s available in Historic Downtown Grapevine, according to Leighton.
The property is currently 84% leased, according to Leighton, and the second floor of the property offers large executive suite pods for businesses. The tenants on the first floor include, Cotton Patch Cafe, Love That Door, Hollywood Feed, Lone Star Stitching and Allied Siding and Windows.
This summer, a new restaurant, San Daniele, a modern Italian concept plans to open in the space adjacent to the breezeway in the middle of the property, with a connection to the second floor balcony. The restaurant plans to feature small plates, neapolitan pizza and unique wine selection. The first floor will feature more formal dining, and the second floor balcony will be a casual atmosphere with an outdoor pizza oven and bar.
A new development, currently known as Grapevine Station North, will be at the northwest corner of Texan Trl. and Northwest Hwy. The 11 acre property will feature restaurant, retail, office and medical space. Plans are still in development for the property, but a site plan is expected to be complete in April, according to Leighton.
Dan Truex, Economic Development Manager for the City of Grapevine, provided the City Update office’s update, including details on:
- Three Building Permits
- 18 Certificates of Occupancy
New Construction & Zoning Report
Scott Williams, Director of Development Services for the City of Grapevine, reviewed the latest City Council Planning and Zoning Cases, including:
- Three Permit Applications
- 16 Planning & Zoning Cases
One of the approved planning & zoning cases was for San Daniele, a modern Italian restaurant concept coming to The Gallery on Main Street.
John Robertson, Manager Development, Engineering and Construction for the City of Grapevine, provided a transportation update:
- DFW Connector FM 2499 Improvements – Drainage improvements added to project.
- SH 121/360 Interchange Improvement – Contracted to be complete January 2019, adding ramps, exits, bridges, etc. to reduce weaving between lanes and to create better access to the highway and exits. The official groundbreaking was August 30.
- SH 121 (North) Improvements (DFW Connector to Sam Rayburn Tollway) – Main lanes are being completed, with ramps continuing to be under construction. Scheduled completion is 2017.
- Kubota Dr. – The north section of Kubota Dr. from Kubota to SH 121 is now open. The remainder of the road to Grapevine Mills Blvd. is under construction.
- Railroad Crossings – As part of the TEX Rail project, the Ball St. rail crossing is under construction, with an expected completion of April. The Main St. rail crossing is expected to be under construction after Main Street Fest.
Chamber of Commerce Report
RaDonna Hessel, CEO the Grapevine Chamber of Commerce, provided the Chamber report on upcoming events and opportunities, including:
- March 29 – Legislative Day in Austin
- March 30 – 22nd Annual Great Taste of Grapevine
- April 8 – Grapevine Job Fair
- April 18 – Multi Chamber Mixer
- Monthly Committees & Programs
- BrokerSavant – Grapevine Commercial Property Index
For complete details on all of these reports and more, make plans to join us at the next meeting, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, at 8 a.m. at City Hall (200 S. Main St.).
For Grapevine Texas Economic Development information, visit the Grapevine Economic Development website at www.GrapevineEconomicDevelopment.com.