COVID-19 Community Updates & Information
We are here for you.
COVID-19 Vaccine: The following information is in regards to the COVID-19 vaccine. Full details regarding the COVID-19 vaccine are available at bit.ly/3rUMTCk.
How Do I Find a Place To Get Vaccinated: Visit the Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Locations map to see which providers have received the vaccine.
LOCAL BUSINESS UPDATES
The Governor's Report to Open Texas
U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) published its first round of implementation guidance pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). The guidance addresses critical questions such as:
How does an employer count its number of employees to determine coverage?
How can small businesses obtain an exemption?
How does an employer count hours for part-time employees?
How does an employer calculate wages employees are entitled to under the FFCRA?
The initial Wage and Hour Division guidance is available in three-parts:
U.S. Small Business Administration
Guidance for Small Businesses & Employers
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Program
Provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
Small Business Development Center
Provides the expertise, tools, resources, and connectivity to help your business.
SCORE Fort Worth – Free Mentoring Services
Pair your business with the best mentor to help you with your business.
U.S. Department of Labor
Help workers and employers prepare for Unemployment, Workplace Safty, & much more.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Connects you, your staff, and your business with Legislative and urgent business resources.
Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
Learn what 7,500 Chamber of Commerce across the U.S. are doing to serve our members.
To help people facing the challenges of COVID-19 issues, the IRS announced a sweeping series of steps to assist taxpayers by providing relief on a variety of issues ranging from easing payment guidelines to postponing compliance actions. Please share this with your members, staff, clients, colleagues and anyone who may benefit from this information.
- Given the #COVID19 outbreak, #IRS is suspending compliance programs temporarily to ease the burden on people facing tax issues.
- Due to the #COVID19 outbreak, #IRS is postponing payments related to Installment Agreements and Offers in Compromise and limiting other enforcement actions.
- #IRS will temporarily suspend many collections and enforcement activities as soon as possible.
- In addition to extending tax deadlines and working on two new tax credits, #IRS will temporarily suspend many collections and enforcement activities.
- #IRS is easing the burden on people facing tax issues. In addition to extending tax deadlines and working on two new tax credits, we’ll temporarily suspend many collections and enforcement activities.
- #IRS is taking several steps to assist taxpayers in various stages of the Offers in Compromise process.
- A new #IRS People First Initiative provides immediate relief to help people facing uncertainty over taxes.