Grapevine Parade of Lights
Beginning in 1979, the Parade of Lights is the first Thursday of December each year.
The Grapevine Chamber and City of Grapevine, with the support of Grapevine-Colleyville ISD, work together to create the Annual Grapevine Parade of Lights, the largest lighted
Christmas parade in North Texas.
Congratulations to all the WINNERS of the 2019 40th Annual Grapevine Parade of Lights:
2020 Parade Entry Applications will be avaiable in October 2020.
People’s Choice Award Rules:
Parade Entry Form Guidelines (Subject to Change)
1. ALL ENTRIES WILL STAGE AND LOAD ON HANOVER DR. AND RETURN TO HANOVER DR. TO UNLOAD. NO UNLOADING WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY OTHER LOCATION.
2. For safety reasons, no candy, toys, souvenirs, or promotional items may be thrown from an entry or material distributed to spectators along the route. Violators will be banned from the next parade.
3. Entries can be a float, marching group, auto/pick-up, trailers, horses or other approved vehicles.
4. All vehicles are to be approved by the parade committee to be allowed on the street.
5. All operators of motorized vehicles must be 16 years or older.
6. Horses are to be diapered or two individuals must be provided to follow behind the entry for clean-up.
7. ENTRIES MAY NOT EXCEED 12 FT. IN HEIGHT AND 10 FT. IN WIDTH (includes extensions)
8. ANY go-cart type entry must be approved and notification of that type of entry must be made in advance to stage them away from animals. Any unsafe operations of these vehicles will be unacceptable and can mean expulsion from the parade as well as future parade entries.
9. All entries must include a sign (minimum 3’ x 3’) clearly identifying the organization. All entries must include a sign with your parade entry number on the front and rear. If your entry has multiple vehicles, each vehicle will need a parade entry number sign on the front and rear.
10. All entries must be in place in the staging area by 6:00 pm. If your entry is over 60 feet in total length, you will need to be in place in the staging area by 5:30 pm.
11. No “live” Santa Claus may appear on any entry – the “real” Santa is at the end of the parade!
12. Commercial entries are not eligible for prize money.
13. All entries using a generator must have a fully functional fire extinguisher on board. (Fire ordinance)
14. All entries must have decorative lights.
15. No confetti, glitter or other materials may be blown from a float.
16. All children’s groups must ride – not march (with the exception of school marching bands and school dance teams).
17. Parade entrants are required to move continuously along the parade route. DO NOT STOP in front of the judges for performance purposes or otherwise. If a group does stop, considerable points will be deducted from the scores of those entered into the competition part of the parade.
18. The decision of the judges is FINAL and will be announced by the Chamber of Commerce by 10 a.m. the next business day. The list can be found on the Chamber’s website, as well as on the Chamber’s Social Media. Winning entries can contact the Chamber to receive their awards. People’s Choice judging will be conducted by the Chamber utilizing Social Media. Please see the event page for more details.
19. Due to the expense of the parade organization – nominal fees will be applicable for parade entries, per the list below. Payment must be paid with entry form, either through the Grapevine Chamber website or at the Chamber office:
Commercial Entries – $100
Other non-profit entries besides 501(C)3 non-profit organizations – $50
501(C)3 non-profit organizations – $25
Public School sponsored entries – No charge
20. The Grapevine Parade of Lights is produced for the community of Grapevine to celebrate the Holidays with our families and children. All entries must contain appropriate holiday lighting and themes. Inappropriate displays will not be allowed, and this decision will be made by the parade committee organizers – included but not limited to attire worn by participants, or political messages beyond an organization’s name.
21. Parade entries are not allowed to have ANY alcohol in the staging area or along the parade route.
22. Please distribute Parade Parking Map to those involved in your entry. (Link to map is available on the parade event page)
23. It is your responsibility to share the Guidelines with everyone involved with your entry. This includes, but is not limited to entry builders, drivers, float riders, parents, and decorators.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may cause entry to be ineligible for prize money, immediately removed from the parade and unable to participate in future parades.
Please select YES on the online registration form to signify that you have READ and AGREE to these guidelines.
The Grapevine Parade of Lights is sponsored by the Grapevine Chamber of Commerce, GCISD and the City of Grapevine.
Grapevine Chamber of Commerce
200 Vine Street, Grapevine, TX 76051
Phone: (817) 481-1522