ABOUT THE CHAMBER
Young Entrepreneurs Academy
The Grapevine Chamber is no longer hosting the Young Entrepreneurs Academy.
Thank you to all the students, volunteers and sponsors who made this program
possible the past three years. We appreciate your support in making this program
a success at
the local, regional and national level.
- Grapevine Chamber of Commerce Staff
Background on Program
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is a nine month program that teaches middle and high school students how to start and run their own REAL businesses. YEA! was developed at the University of Rochester in 2004 with the support of a grant from the Kauffman Foundation. The Grapevine Chamber of Commerce supports the YEA! Program in the Grapevine Community!
YEA! guides students through the process of starting and running a legitimate business or social movement over the course of a full academic year. YEA! has graduated almost 600 students over the past 7 years, who have started almost 450 businesses and social movements! YEA! graduates started as students, and left the program as CEOs of their own companies!
Over the course of the program, students:
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Write a business plan
- Interact with business professionals
- Pitch their business plan to potential “investors” (think Shark Tank meets the Apprentice meets American Idol)
- Obtain funding
- Legally register their businesses
- Participate in a Trade Show
- Actually launch their own businesses or social movements