Beginning in 1979, the Parade of Lights is the first Thursday of December each year. The Grapevine Chamber and City of Grapevine, with the support of Grapevine-Colleyville ISD, work together to create the Annual Grapevine Parade of Lights, the largest lighted Christmas parade in North Texas.
Thje 39th Annual Grapevine Parade of Lights will be Dec 6, 2018
Parade will begin at 7 p.m. FREE to attend!
The 2018 Parade maps are available by clicking here and here
We have the winners of the 38th Grapevine Parade of Lights!
1st: Silver Lake Elementary Dad’s Club 2nd: Dove Elementary Dad’s Club 3rd: Cannon Elementary Dad’s Club 4th: OC Taylor Elementary Dad’s Club
Best Marching Group: Grapevine High School
Judges Merit: Cub Scout Pack #260
People’s Choice: Dove Elementary Dad’s Club
People’s Choice Award
On TWITTER, Tweet using the hashtag #GVParadeVote followed by the name or organization of your favorite parade float to cast your vote!
RULES FOR PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD:
Voting will open at 7 p.m. CST, Thursday, December 7 and close at Midnight CST, Thursday, December 7. Submissions will only be counted during that time period and only from Twitter. Results will be announced via the Chamber’s website and Social Media, Friday, December 8.
2017 Theme “Holiday Memories”
FOR PARADE FLOATS
Application Deadline: November 10, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Parade Entry Form Guidelines
1. THERE IS A NEW PARADE ROUTE – ALL ENTRIES WILL STAGE AND LOAD ON HANOVER DR. AND RETURN TO HANOVER DR. TO UNLOAD. NO UNLOADING WILL BE ALLOWED ON WALL ST.
2. For safety reasons, no candy, toys, souvenirs, or promotional items may be thrown from an entry or material distributed to spectators along the route. Violators will be banned from the next parade.
3. Entries can be a float, marching group, auto/pick-up, trailers, horses or other approved vehicles.
4. All vehicles are to be approved by the parade committee to be allowed on the street.
5. All operators of motorized vehicles must be 16 years or older.
6. Horses are to be diapered or two individuals must be provided to follow behind the entry for clean-up.
7. ENTRIES MAY NOT EXCEED 12 FT. IN HEIGHT AND 10 FT. IN WIDTH (includes extensions)
8. ANY go-cart type entry must be approved and notification of that type of entry must be made in advance to stage them away from animals. Any unsafe operations of these vehicles will be unacceptable and can mean expulsion from the parade as well as future parade entries.
9. All entries must include a sign (minimum 3’ x 3’) clearly identifying the organization.
10. No “live” Santa Claus may appear on any entry – the “real” Santa is at the end of the parade!
11. Commercial entries are not eligible for prize money.
12. All entries using a generator must have a fully functional fire extinguisher on board. (Fire ordinance)
13. All floats must have lights.
14. No confetti, glitter or other materials may be blown from a float.
15. All children’s groups must ride – not march (with the exception of school groups).
16. Parade entrants are required to move continuously along the parade route. DO NOT STOP in front of the judges for performance purposes or otherwise. If a group does stop, considerable points will be deducted from the scores of those entered into the competition part of the parade.
17. The decision of the judges is FINAL, and will be announced by the Chamber of Commerce by 10 a.m. the next business day. The list can be found on the Chamber’s website, as well as on the Chamber’s Social Media. Winning entries can contact the Chamber to receive their awards. People’s Choice judging will be conducted by the Chamber utilizing Social Media. Please see event page for more details.
18. Due to the expense of the parade organization – nominal fees will be applicable for parade entries, per the list below. Payment must be paid with entry form, either through the Grapevine Chamber website or at the Chamber office:
Commercial Entries – $100
Other non-profit entries besides 501(C)3 non-profit organizations – $50
501(C)3 non-profit organizations – $25
Public School sponsored entries – No charge
19. The Grapevine Parade of Lights is produced for the community of Grapevine to celebrate the Christmas Holidays with our families and children. All entries must contain appropriate holiday lighting and themes. Inappropriate displays will not be allowed, and this decision will be made by the parade committee organizers – included but not limited to attire worn by participants, or political messages beyond an organization’s name.
20. Parade entries are not allowed to have ANY alcohol in the staging area or along the parade route.
21. Please distribute Parade Parking Map to those involved in your entry. (Link to map is available on the parade event page)
I have read and agree to the above guidelines. I acknowledge that failure to comply with these guidelines may cause my entry to be ineligible for prize money, immediately removed from the parade and unable to participate in future parades.
Please select YES on the online registration form to signify that you have READ and AGREE to these guidelines.
Sponsored by the Grapevine Chamber of Commerce, GCISD and the City of Grapevine
200 Vine Street, Grapevine, TX 76051
Phone: (817) 481-1522
37th Annual Grapevine Parade of Lights “Famous Christmas Characters”
First Place – Cannon Elementary School Dad’s Club – The Grinch Second Place – Silver Lake Dad’s Club – Silver Lake Christmas Vacation Third Place – Dove Dad’s Club – Dove Dad’s Christmas Vacation Fourth Place – The Reinsvold Family – Carlagio Judges’ Merit – Cub Scout Pack 300 – Charlie Brown Christmas Best Marching Group – Colleyville Heritage High School Marching Band NEW – People’s Choice Award – Dove Dad’s Club – Dove’s Christmas Vacation
Recap/Photos of 2016 Parade of Lights
People’s Choice Award
On TWITTER, Tweet using the hashtag #GVParadeVote,followed by a SPACE, followed by the name or organization of your favorite parade float to cast your vote!
RULES FOR PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: Voting will open at 7 p.m. CST, Thursday, December 1 and close at Midnight CST, Thursday, December 1. Submissions will only be counted during that time period and only from Twitter. Results will be announced via the Chamber’s website and Social Media, Friday, December 2.
First Place – Silver Lake Elementary Dad’s Club – Toy-land Through the Years Second Place – Dove Elementary Dad’s Club – Dove’s Toyland Third Place – Cannon Elementary PTA – LEGOS in Toy Land Fourth Place – Glenhope Elementary Judges’ Merit – The More the Merrier Farm – Santa’s Toy Train Best Marching Group – Colleyville Heritage High School Marching Band NEW – People’s Choice Award – Dove Elementary Dad’s Club – Dove’s Toyland
35th Parade of Lights “Christmas Around the World” Results:
First Place – Dove Elementary Dad’s Club – Christmas Cards from Around the World Second Place – Silver Lake Elementary Dad’s Club – Santa Tracker Third Place – Cannon Elementary Dad’s Club – Toys for Around the World Fourth Place – Colleyville Heritage Lion’s Club – Santa’s Majestic Sleigh Judges’ Merit – The More the Merrier Farm – Christmas Eve at the Piñata Factory Best Marching Group – Colleyville Heritage High School Band
First Place – Dove Elementary Dad’s Club Second Place– Cannon Elementary PTA/Dad’s Club Third Place– Silver Lake Elementary Dad’s Club Fourth Place– Colleyville Heritage Lion’s Club Judge’s Merit – Glenhope Elementary Dad’s Club Best Marching Group– Grapevine High School Fabulous Fillies Varsity Dance Team
33rd Parade of Lights “Holiday Story Time” Results:
First Place –(TIE) Dove Elementary School Dad’s Club and Silver Lake Elementary Dad’s Club and Choir Third Place – Cannon Elementary Dad’s Club Fourth Place – Lion’s Club Float Judge’s Merit Award – North Texas Basset Hound Rescue Best Marching Group – Grapevine High School Band
32nd Parade of Lights “Toyland Comes to Grapevine” Results:
First place – Silver Lake Elementary Dad’s Club Second Place – Glenhope Elementary Dad’s Club Third Place – Timberline Elementary Dad’s Club Fourth Place – Dove Elementary Dad’s Club Judges’ Merit – Jumpin’ Jammers Best Marching Group – Colleyville Heritage High School Band